Tuesday, August 6th
August 13th, 7:00 am, Breakfast Meeting at the SDYC
August 19th, 5:00 pm, Board Meeting at the SDYC, 6:00 pm Steak Fry at the SDYC
August 27th, 7:00 am, Breakfast Meeting at the SDYC
We officially said “Welcome Aboard!” today to new member Jason Milosh, Executive Director of the Peninsula YMCA.
The slate of next year’s Board of Directors was announced at the meeting. Thank you to everyone previously serving in these positions, and congratulations to the following Optimists who will be guiding our club in the upcoming fiscal year starting in October:
- President: Jeff Fischbeck
- 1st Vice President: Chris Jacobs
- 2nd Vice President: Gary Correia
- 3rd Vice President: Randy Rolfe
- Secretary/Treasurer: Jim Dennison
- 2nd Year Board Members: Collin Clifford, Jesse Sikorski
- 1st Year Board Members: Barry Rogers, Art Curran, Doug Cleary, J.C. Agajanian
- Immediate Past President: Steve Doyle
- Senior Past President: Jim Seman
Member Doug Cleary volunteered himself as this week’s guest speaker, on a very difficult topic. His presentation was “Sexual Harassment Law in California After the #MeToo Movement — The Law Has Changed.” He explained some of the differences between relevant Federal and California law as well as some recent changes, using an actual case study (with fictitious names) to make his points. We were left with the reaffirmation that this is a complex legal area and one that we should all strive to avoid. Thank you, Doug, for your presentation.